Pope requests recitation of Luminous Mysteries of rosary today
Amid worsening conditions related to the global coronavirus outbreak, Pope Francis urged Catholics to unite spiritually to pray the rosary simultaneously on the Feast of St. Joseph.
In a March 18 live broadcast of his weekly general audience from the library of the Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis urged people to join the Italian bishops’ request that Catholics pray the luminous mysteries of the rosary together today, March 19, the feast of St. Joseph. This will take place at 4 p.m. in Vermont.
The Luminous Mysteries are:
- Christ’s baptism in the Jordan River.
- Christ’s self-revelation at the marriage of Cana.
- Christ’s announcement of the kingdom of God with the invitation to conversion.
- Christ’s Transfiguration, when he revealed his glory to his Apostles.
- The institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper as the sacramental expression of the paschal mystery.