Hope and healing are available for those who are separated or divorced.
7 Things Catholics Should Know About Divorce, from Franciscan Media
- Non-divorced Catholics often come across as judgmental of the divorced.
- Not every marriage was “joined by God” even if it took place in a church.
- The divorced do not have to justify themselves.
- Sometimes, divorce changes one’s life for the better.
- Divorced persons don’t need to marry again to be happy.
- Some divorced persons hope their experiences makes you question assumptions about your marriage.
- Every marriage ends.
Read the full article from Franciscan Media
Resources from: Hope, Healing & Outreach for Catholics Who Are Separated or Divorced Workshop
November 8, 2018 in Burlington
Resources for separated and divorced Catholics
- Resources for Difficulties Married Couples Face
- Frequently Asked Questions about Divorce
- Resources for Divorced Catholics from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Lisa Duffy: Author, Blogger, Relationship and Divorce Recovery Expert
- Rose Sweet: Catholic Author and Speaker
- Declaration of nullity
“Such persons need to feel not as excommunicated members of the Church, but instead as living members, able to live and grow … along the path of life and the Gospel.” —Pope Francis, Amoris Laetitia, 299