Congratulations on your engagement!
Here you will find what you need to begin your preparation. Your first step after you are engaged is to contact your local parish priest or deacon, who will work with you on preparing for your marriage and setting a date. Please allow yourselves at least six months to prepare.
If you are an engaged couple who live out of Vermont, you will need to speak to your priest or deacon about preparing locally or through distance.
Marriage Preparation – Pre Cana Checklist:
1. Initial meeting with pastor
preliminary paperwork and discuss paperwork needed
2. Follow up Meeting with pastor
3. Marriage Sacramental Preparation (choose A or B)
A. Agape Catholic Marriage Course – Online
B. Parish Mentor Couple Ministry (where available) – The Pastor or Marriage Prep Coordinator will assist in how to choose your parish Mentor Couple who will walk with you through your Marriage Preparation
4. Natural Family Planning course – Online
5. Diocesan Marriage Preparation Retreat Day
6. Final meeting with pastor to prepare for wedding ceremony
7. Post-Cana Marriage Enrichment Newlyweds and Mentor Couple from Parish
Wedding Feast at Cana
Jesus transforms water into wine – his first miracle.
Diocesan Marriage Preparation Retreat Day
St. Catherine of Sienna, Shelburne
Saturday, August 21, 2021 – 10am – 1pm
Couples are asked to have:
- completed survey with Priest/Deacon preparing them for a September, October, November wedding date
- completed or are half completed the Marriage Preparation (Online or with Mentor Couple)
- completed or are half completed the NFP
Couples will be asked to view together and discuss several recommended videos prior to the Retreat Day. There is a donation option for the videos, and the Retreat is free.
Please contact Terri McCormack, email@example.com with questions and to RSVP by August 13, 2021.
For future retreats please contact:
Terri McCormack, Marriage and Family Life Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org