The Catholic Church cares about your marriage.
Resources to Enrich and Foster Married Life
- Prayer for Spouses
- “For Your Marriage” — An interactive website with activities, articles, resources and information (An initiative of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Beloved series, by Augustine Press
- The 5 Love Languages, by Dr. Gary Chapman
- 6 Great Dates Program
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter is the largest pro-marriage organization in the world and promotes weekend experiences for couples who want to make their good marriage even better.
- The Retrouvaille Program is for married couples facing difficult challenges in their relationship.
World Marriage Day
Celebrations of World Marriage Day are encouraged throughout the Diocese and in cooperation with World Wide Marriage Encounter (WWME). The Diocesan Mass celebrating World Marriage Day usually is celebrated on the first weekend in February so that local parishes are able to celebrate on the second weekend and the actual World Marriage Day Celebration. Certificates are presented to couples celebrating significant anniversaries.
Longest Married Couple Project – 2019
The ninth annual Worldwide Marriage Encounter (WWME) Longest Married Couple Project (LMC) is accepting nominations until May 15 of this year. State and national winners will be announced in June, which is National Marriage Month. Last year’s national 2018 winners were Mota & Avanelle Young from Bowling Green, KY. They were married over 81 years.
Vermont state winners, who are generally married 50, 60 or 70 plus years, will also be recognized for their longest marriages in the June time frame by the Worldwide Marriage Local Encounter of Vermont. Nominations, which are open to all husband and wife couples regardless of religious affiliation, may be submitted by email to the Marriage and Family Life Coordinator. Please include when and where the couple were married, and contact information for both the couple and nominator, by May 15, 2019