More about the bishop:
- Family—One of seven children of William and Rita Coyne of Woburn, Mass. Uncle of 11 nieces and nephews.
- Favorite saint—“I’ve always liked the Little Flower, St. Thérèse of Lisieux. I think her idea of love of God each and every day, in small moments, is the right way to go. I think that’s how most of us live our lives.”
- Favorite sports team—New England Patriots. “My family has always been, from the beginning, Boston Patriots’ and New England Patriots’ fans. We can tell you all the stories in their history. My happiest sports memory is their first Super Bowl win. I’m looking forward to seeing the continuance of the rivalry between the Patriots and the [Indianapolis] Colts.”
- Favorite prayer—“Being a liturgist, I like the official prayer of the Church—the Liturgy of the Hours. I’ve always felt that it’s a good start for the day.”
- Favorite books, authors—“I’m a voracious reader. I love my Kindle. I read all types of books—thrillers, science fiction, biographies. Right now, I’m reading the Holy Father’s latest book [Light of the World: The Pope, the Church and the Signs of the Times]. I’m also reading American Grace, a fine book on religion and American culture.”