- Rice Memorial High School Job Opening: Development and Grant Manager
- Full-time Accountant / Business Manager
Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington Postings
Supervisor: Controller/Dotted Line to Financial Services Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Statement of Duties
The position works closely with the pastor and Finance Office of the Diocese, to manage the finance and accounting functions for the parish and/or school. The person must have a solid background in accounting and will handle cash disbursements, cash receipts, payroll, general ledger entries and bank reconciliations. The individual will be responsible for all financial reporting. The individual will also meet with the Finance Council of the parish / school to review the financials monthly or bi-monthly.
Essential Functions of the Job
The individual in the role will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements
· Review invoices for accuracy and approval. Classifies invoices to appropriate account.
· Ensure timely payment of invoices through QuickBooks payable system.
· Reconciles bank and investment statements.
· Request IRS form W-9 from vendors and prepares and issues form 1099's.
2. Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable
· Records cash receipts and verifies deposits to parish collection count sheets.
· Reviews and reconciles tuition contracts (for parishes with schools), cash receipts and accounts receivable.
· Reports weekly offertory to pastor.
· Ensures special collections are reported and remitted to the Diocesan Finance Office within two weeks of the collections (example: PBF; etc.)
· Works with pastor and principal to ensure collection of all accounts receivable
· Ensures large gifts (money and/or physical assets) are communicated to pastor, the Finance Office and the Executive Director of the Vermont Catholic Community Foundation.
· Processes payroll using ADP and reviews and maintains payroll reports and tax filings. Ensures approved time sheets (and ensures by law time sheets are kept on file) are entered into ADP.
· Records payroll journal entry into QuickBooks.
· Ensures all pay is according to the FLSA and state and federal regulations.
· Benefits maintenance and administration.
· Reconciles 941.
· Reconciles and files annual W-2 tax statements and works with ADP to manage this process.
· Input all healthcare information into the healthcare system.
· Abides by all state and federal regulations in regard to payment of employees.
· Abides by all regulations regarding the 403(b).
4. Cash Management
· Ensure proper account signatories for all accounts.
· Reconcile all cash and investment statements.
· Review Petty Cash reconciliation.
· Works with pastor/principal to ensure adequate operating funds.
5. Financial Reporting/Other
· Assists in preparation of annual budgets.
· Ensures accuracy of monthly trial balance.
· Prepares monthly financial statements and reporting required by parish finance council.
· Fulfills reporting requirements of Diocesan Finance office.
· Ensures internal controls are in place as outlined in the Parish Finance and Administrative Manual.
Other duties may be assigned as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual will be a practicing Catholic in accordance with Canon 874 Â§1, 3â—¦, 4â—¦ of the Code of Canon Law.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree and two to five years of progressively responsible related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, budgets and financial statements, reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from Parishes, Schools, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write reports/articles that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to pastor, finance council, parishioners, employees of organizations and the Diocesan Finance Office/HR/Development Offices.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to finance function. Ability to utilize software that is used to perform the function.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Vermont Driver's License.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands for finite movements such as entering data and other office functions. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to use their eyesight to read and interpret data. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to travel. The individual must be able to move in and out of a car for travel purposes.
Rice Memorial High School Job Postings
Supervisor: Director of Advancement & Communications
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part Time)
General Statement of Duties
The Development and Grant Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the annual appeal, grants and events/sponsorship that support the operations of Rice Memorial High School. The individual will lead efforts to attract funding from private and family foundations, corporate foundations and corporate giving and sponsorship programs.
Essential Job Functions
· Manages relationship with outside development agency.
· Manages defined processes of development to include: organizing ongoing research, identification, and cultivation of prospective donors thus providing Advancement Director with support materials.
· Monitor progress of solicitation efforts to assist the Advancement Director in developing and implementing cohesive organizational strategies that build capacity and stability for the school.
· Manage annual appeal, track lapsed donors and identify prospective donor bases to increase annual giving.
· Manage and coordinate identification and solicitation of event sponsors and in-kind sponsors.
· Manage direct mail programs, including appeals and renewals. Devise and implement segmentation, mail scheduling, upgrade strategies and benefits, and other appeal strategies.
· Researches grant opportunities (e.g. facility improvements, professional development, curriculum development, administrative needs, etc.) for the purpose of developing additional funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations, as well as, serving as a clearinghouse for potential grant funding opportunities. Works with fellow staff to develop, implement, evaluate, and promote successful grant-funded projects that stimulate future grants. Ensure public relations and testimonials are gathered to support appropriate grant materials.
· Manages all grant processes (e.g. evaluations, budget, finance, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the school, state, federal and other funder guidelines.
· Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelors degree and three to five years of progressively responsible related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority. Knowledge of Development/Grant writing. Possesses the ability to understand and apply federal and state laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
Mount St. Joseph Academy Job Postings
Mount St. Joseph Academy has an opening for a Full-time Accountant / Business Manager. This position oversees the day to day operation of the business functions for the school. The individual will maintain a welcoming and professional atmosphere by providing exceptional service to students, parents, departments, vendors, and visitors to the School. Work is frequently sensitive and confidential and requires an individual with tact, integrity and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality, as well as exercise appropriate initiative and judgment in working independently and as part of a team.
MSJ is a Catholic, co-educational college preparatory high school located in Rutland, Vermont. It is our mission to provide a personal, Catholic school in the heart of Vermont. MSJ focuses on the education of the whole person by integrating spiritual development, academics, extra-curricular activities, and community service into everyday life.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of progressively responsible related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority. Possesses the ability to understand and apply federal and state laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.