Rice Memorial High School Job Postings
Supervisor: Director of Advancement & Communications
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part Time)
General Statement of Duties
The Development and Grant Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the annual appeal, grants and events/sponsorship that support the operations of Rice Memorial High School. The individual will lead efforts to attract funding from private and family foundations, corporate foundations and corporate giving and sponsorship programs.
Essential Job Functions
· Manages relationship with outside development agency.
· Manages defined processes of development to include: organizing ongoing research, identification, and cultivation of prospective donors thus providing Advancement Director with support materials.
· Monitor progress of solicitation efforts to assist the Advancement Director in developing and implementing cohesive organizational strategies that build capacity and stability for the school.
· Manage annual appeal, track lapsed donors and identify prospective donor bases to increase annual giving.
· Manage and coordinate identification and solicitation of event sponsors and in-kind sponsors.
· Manage direct mail programs, including appeals and renewals. Devise and implement segmentation, mail scheduling, upgrade strategies and benefits, and other appeal strategies.
· Researches grant opportunities (e.g. facility improvements, professional development, curriculum development, administrative needs, etc.) for the purpose of developing additional funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations, as well as, serving as a clearinghouse for potential grant funding opportunities. Works with fellow staff to develop, implement, evaluate, and promote successful grant-funded projects that stimulate future grants. Ensure public relations and testimonials are gathered to support appropriate grant materials.
· Manages all grant processes (e.g. evaluations, budget, finance, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the school, state, federal and other funder guidelines.
· Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelors degree and three to five years of progressively responsible related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority. Knowledge of Development/Grant writing. Possesses the ability to understand and apply federal and state laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.