Natural Family Planning (NFP)
Natural Family Planning is safe and healthy because it is 100% natural and a woman simply observes the signs of fertility and infertility that God built into her fertility cycle. In the case of spacing children with ecological breastfeeding, a woman simply nurses her baby frequently. What could be safer and more in tune with nature?
NFP uses no birth control drugs or devices, so there are no risks to a woman’s health. Practicing NFP involves respecting the body and how it functions, while artificial methods use medications or devices whose purpose is to thwart the body’s normal function. Every drug has potential side effects, which may be worth risking when trying to restore good health, but normally, we don’t take a drug product unless it is necessary to cure or relieve something that is wrong with us. Birth control drugs, however, treat your perfectly healthy, natural fertility as a disease. They are unnecessary, which makes accepting the risks of their side effects even more needless.
NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING (NFP)
- An effective method for avoiding or achieving pregnancy.
- There are no harmful drugs or devices involved.
- Not the “Rhythm” method.
- Simply and naturally puts a woman in touch with her own fertility by teaching her to recognize and understand the physical changes in her body.
- Fosters commitment in couples to work together in meeting their family goals.
- Approved by the Roman Catholic Church.
METHODS OF NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING
- Easy to learn and apply.
- Proven by scientific and medical research.
- Includes instruction in observing three primary fertility signs.
- Allow couple to share in the responsibility for planning their family.
- Can be used by all women, whatever the stage of reproductive life.
- Can be as effective in avoiding pregnancy as artificial methods of family planning.
- Involves no additional expenses after initial instruction.