Volunteer and Employee Screening Procedures
UPDATE: As of early September 2015, all background screening forms (including the Code of Conducts) are available to submit online through registration on the Safe and Sacred website. Please click on the “Safe and Sacred” tab to get started.
New and current employees/volunteers must register online with Safe and Sacred as soon as possible to complete their online background screening forms and required training (with few exceptions made for those who do not have a computer or internet access). Even if an employee or volunteer underwent a background check in the last five years, we are requiring that everyone renew their background check so the Office of Safe Environment Programs can establish a new database to coincide with the launch of the Safe and Sacred program. To register, employees and volunteers will simply create a new account on Safe and Sacred website.
After registering with Safe and Sacred everyone will:
1. Fill out and submit your new Background Screening Application – includes two forms:
-The General Diocesan Background Screening form
-The Vermont Agency of Human Services CONSENT FOR RELEASE OF REGISTRY INFORMATION
2. Take your assigned Safe and Sacred course & complete the accompanying quiz.
3. Read Policies on Ethics and Integrity in Ministry & complete the accompanying quiz.
4. Sign the Code of Conduct (electronically).
5. Receive your Certificate of Completion once you have completed your course materials AND once your background screening has been processed by the Office of Safe Environment Programs.