Resurrection Park Cemetery, located at 200 Hinesburg Road in South Burlington, is the largest Catholic cemetery in Vermont and has the distinction of being the only official "Diocesan Cemetery."
Designed by Monsignor William A Tennien the cemetery was officially opened by Bishop Matthew Brady on July 4, 1942. Resurrection Park Cemetery encompasses nearly fifty acres with views of Mount Mansfield and Camels Hump.
The cemetery is arranged in seven sections. The recently completed "Bishops' Garden" is the permanent burial site of five Vermont Bishops: Louis DeGoesbriand, John Michaud, Joseph Rice, Edward Ryan and Robert Joyce. The "Bishops' Garden" was redesigned in July 1992 by Grever & Ward of Orchard Park, N.Y. The outdoor altar was carved by Northfield Granite, Northfield, Vermont and blessed by Bishop Kenneth Angell, at the Annual Memorial Day Mass May, 1994.